We are happy to announce that we have released patch 2.7 to Apple for approval. This is the patch for Avacyn Restored, and contains the following changes:
- Added Avacyn Restored cards.
- Added an events calendar courtesy of mtgmom.com (accessible from the news page).
- Added missing split cards in Planechase, namely Order // Chaos and Assault // Battery.
- Added HD art for many of the Premium and Duel decks.
- When displaying unique cards, the app will prioritize core sets over other sets like duel/premium decks, and will favor later sets like Magic 2012 over earlier ones like Tenth Edition.
- Updated DropBox API version (fixed Cancel button problem on DropBox).
- iPad: You can zoom into a card by pinching on it from the Build page.
- iPhone: When you zoom into a card by pinching on it, you can now scroll through the cards by swiping.
We have also updated the Mac edition to bring all it's feature set in line with the other editions.
Check out the screenshot of the new calendar feature below, and do be sure to experiment with the swipe feature after zooming into a card!
Below is a little 3D render I did in my spare time over the weekend. I was just imagining what Magic Online could really look like today if they updated their graphics to 2012 3D standards.... The standing up cards were meant to represent your hand, and I thought users might need bigger text to be able to read the names of cards on the battlefield.
Anyway, enjoy a possible vision of the future!
Just to let everyone know -- Marlon Egolf is back in business and ready to get rolling for Avacyn Restored. He is seriously energized, and has already begun writing for Decked Drafter again!
Also, we are happy to announce that Tim Landale will be guest writing for us for Avacyn Restored. Tim was Grand Prix Kansas City (Limited tournament) 2008 champion, and is a well know and respected drafter in the MTG community. He also writes for StarCityGames.com, and you can find some of his articles here:
I am certainly looking forward to seeing more of Tim's writing for the next release!
Just to let you know -- we are making a small quality of life change in the next version release. When displaying unique cards in search results, we currently just choose a random card to display. For example, the app might decide to show a Tenth Edition Adarkar Wastes when viewing vnique search results.
In the next release, the app will prioritize core sets over other sets like duel/premium decks, and will favor later sets like Magic 2012 over earlier ones like Tenth Edition.
We have been getting quite a few requests for comparisons between Darwin's and Marlon's card ratings for Dark Ascension. I am posting the significant rating changes below (and some of them are quite significant), reflecting the different styles of each player.
Take note people!
Beguiler of Wills
Curse of Bloodletting
Hunger of the Howlpack
Secrets of the Dead
We have just upgraded our image servers, adding in more RAM and upgrading the server software to nginx instead of Apache. Let us know if you notice any speed improvements!
We have just submitted Decked Builder HD patch 2.6.1 for Apple's approval. This fixes the "crashes when search returns no results" bug. Thanks for all the bug reports, they are much appreciated!