We have just released Decked Drafter 1.2.1 in preparation for the M12 launch. It has the following new features:
- Added the ability to update the card database within the app itself. This would allow us to quickly release Marlon's ratings and card notes once the cards are finalized. We have also added M11 sealed deck functionality for free!
- Draft AI opponents will now make their picks in the background while you are making yours, resulting in a faster game for you.
- Enlarged the font for Marlon's card notes.
We hope you like it!
For those experiencing a crash when overwriting a file in Dropbox, we have a patch on the way to Apple already. A special thanks to Maxime Girard for finding and reporting the issue so quickly!
The patch will also fix Ravnica cards, which are currently buggy on the iPhone.
Sorry all for the inconvenience.
For those eagerly awaiting the new Commander cards, we have just submitted a patch to Apple for those, as well as Chronicles and Duel Deck card sets.
We have also taken the opportunity to include mana curves for all editions, as well as enhanced deck testing for the iPhone version -- all of which were ported over from Decked Drafter.
As part of enhancing Decked Drafter to cater for new users, we have also figured out how to enhance the deck testing portion of the app for iPhone users -- by using gestures! While the new deck testing is not as good as the ones present in our other editions (no library searching for example), we think that it is semi suitable for draft testing at least.
Here are the changes:
When testing a deck, for cards in hand:
- swipe right to play it to the battlefield
- swipe left to put it on top of your library
- swipe left with two fingers to put it on the bottom of your library
Also, swipe left on a card in the battlefield or graveyard to put it back into your hand.
We hope you can get the hang of it, and screenshots are included below. Enjoy!
Decked Drafter 1.2 has been released to Apple for approval, with quite a few changes. In particular, the sealed deck feature is something that has been delaying the release, since I keep playing with it! :) In addition, I will be documenting the enhanced deck testing for the iPhone in my next blog entry.
Decked Drafter 1.2 change list:
- Added sealed deck feature -- try making the best deck from 6 different packs of cards!
- Decks can now be sorted by rarity.
- Sorting by rarity now sub-sorts by color and converted mana cost as well.
- Enhanced deck testing to allow playing cards to the battlefield and graveyard (check the Useful Hints section of the in-app help for further details).
- Enhanced deck stats to display a mana curve, average casting cost and average card rating.
- Added option for the draft AI to pick money rares over any other card -- this better simulates real life play as sometimes drafting a card can be worth your entire draft entry fee.
- Added news feeds section to the app.
- When displaying formats or sets, you can now toggle between available and unavailable formats or sets.
- Fixed typos and enhanced descriptions of many Scars of Mirrodin cards.
- Changed ratings and descriptions of several New Phyrexia cards (further details in the in-app help)
The latest Mac v2.0 patch has a bug for new users of the app, and does not affect users who upgraded -- it will continually pop up the help message box. We have patch 2.0.1 already submitted to Apple, but for the technically savvy who want to fix it immediately:
1) Shutdown the app and open up ~/Library/Preferences/com.deckedbuilder.deckedbuilder.plist in your favorite text editor
2) Add the following XML lines at the end of the file before the final </dict>:
3) Restart the app
A special thanks to Miguel Iglésias Marques and Dan Ignat for reporting the bug and helping to test the fix.
We do apologize for the inconvenience!
Mana curves is a request we get very often, and we are happy to announce that we have completed our implementation of drawing mana curves in the app, as well as computing an average casting cost. Check out our new screenshot below! This will be rolled out in the next release for both Decked Builder and Decked Drafter.
As usual, any suggestions or comments are more than welcome!
Just to update everyone on the Mac version -- we submitted both the Lite and Full versions to Apple at the same time, but the Lite version was approved and released by Apple first. This has never happened before -- they normally approve paid apps before free apps. My guess is that they have changed their approval process to fast track free apps. As such, the paid version is still awaiting approval for release to the App Store, while the Lite version has been released already.
Sorry for any inconvenience caused, and we do hope you will enjoy the new Mac Edition 2.0 once it is released!